Is their anything i can do to feel closer to Tyr and Thor.
I can make some suggestions 🙂 So presuming reading about them, praying to them, and giving material offerings are already being done…
- Exercising and working out in his name.
- Feats of strength (eg. weightlifting)
- Acts of protection (eg. being the designated driver on a night out with friends).
- Supporting shelters and support groups for survivors of abuse and assault.
- Working with goats.
- Planting/growing/caring for an oak tree.
- Engaging with storms (such as meditating during one – I really strongly don’t suggest going out in a storm as it’s inherently pretty dangerous but just as a personal anecdote, I really like sitting out in Summer storms).
- Splitting wood.
- Smashing stuff with a (sledge)hammer (responsibly ofc. Not just wanton destruction).
- Practising fighting sports and martial arts based in physical strength (eg. Boxing, Shotokan Karate, HEMA).
- Being outspoken, and self assured.
- Clapping during prayers/offerings in simulation/reference of thunderclaps.
- Doing any of that on a Thursday.
- Acts of self-sacrifice and charity (eg. volunteering)
- Acting with honesty, integrity, fairness, and justice.
- Sabotaging traps.
- Working with wolves.
- Supporting wolf protection and conservation groups and efforts.
- Practising fencing, Iaido, and/or any other martial arts that focus on or include swordsmanship.
- Practising ambidexterity.
- Practising calligraphy.
- Standing in defiance of injustice, and illegitimate authority and hierarchies – which is almost all of them imo – (eg. antifascist organising).
- Supporting amputee support groups.
- Meditating and practising [healthy] connection and control of your emotions/emotional neutrality.
- Practising mindfulness and grounding techniques.
- Studying philosophy. (especially philosophies of equality and liberation)
- Doing any of that on a Tuesday.
I hope these work for you,